Terms & Conditions
Bidder and Auctioneer agree that the terms listed below shall govern each online auction sale.
Your use of this auction site marks your acceptance in full of these Terms and Conditions.
This auction will be conducted within the framework of the rules listed below and other provisions that may be added by the auctioneer via e-mail or as posted on www.JSOTAuctions.com.
For more Terms & Conditions relevant to the current auction, and to register to bid, view online at www.jsotauctions.hibid.com.
All registration information the Bidder provides to Auctioneer shall be current, complete, and accurate. Bidders must be 18 years of age or older. Bidder agrees to not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of or any transaction being conducted on and during the auction sale.
If using YAHOO! or GMAIL, Please check your SPAM & PROMOTIONS folders if you don’t receive your INVOICE after the auction. Checking on your computer will show More items than you will see on your mobile device.
Terms & Conditions:
Bidder and Auctioneer agree that the terms listed below shall govern each online auction sale. Your use of this auction site marks your acceptance in full of these Terms and Conditions.
This auction will be conducted within the framework of the rules listed below plus and other provision that may be added by the auctioneer via e-mail or as posted on www.jsotauction.com. For more Terms & Conditions relevant to the current auction, and to register to bid view online at www.jsotauctions.hibid.com. All registration information the Bidder provides to Auctioneer shall be current, complete, and accurate. Bidders must be 18 years of age or older. Bidder agrees to not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of or any transaction being conducted on and during the auction sale.
~ PLEASE CHECK SPAM & OTHER FOLDERS IF YOU DON’T RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL OF YOU REGISTERING & WINNING !
1. Access and use of any online auction site of J.S.O.T. Auctions (collectively the “Site”) is subject to any and all specific terms and conditions set forth on any individual page within the Site and the terms and conditions of this User Agreement (collectively “Site User Agreement”) and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and trademark laws. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SITE USER AGREEMENT and to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of this Site. Legal action will be taken against anyone violating the terms and conditions of the Site User Agreement or any other applicable law or regulation.
2. Auctioneer reserves the right to periodically change the terms and conditions of the User Site Agreement and it is the Bidders’ responsibility to periodically review any and all changes made to these terms and conditions prior to each use of this Site. By using this Site, you agree in advance to accept any such changes.
3. Emails will be sent out to winning bidders after the closing of the last lot has been completed. Invoice will contain winning auction amount, 15% buyers premium, and 8.265% tax which will be added to the purchase price of all items if you live in or are picking up in the state of Nevada. Collection of applicable taxes will be in accordance with the laws of the Nevada or wherever the Auction is being held & where the purchased asset is located and being shipped from or picked up at. There will be a link to pay the amount due through Currency Pay. If you previously registered with a credit card, we will no longer be charging it automatically. If you wish to close out with cash at pick up, please notify me when scheduling your pick up time and day.
4. By registering, bidder agrees to pay all charges invoiced on receipt. Bidder waives any and all rights concerning charge backs or refund for any items charged.
5. Online Auction Fee: Auctioneer shall charge and collect from each successful bidder a 15% BUYERS FEE for each item, in addition to the final high bid amount & 8.265% sales tax if being shipped to, or picked up in, Nevada .
6. Merchandise return/refunds: All items bid on and awarded to you as high bidder are your property upon the final payment of your invoice.
7. You will be permanently banned from the Site if you provide false information when registering, such as a false name or fraudulent contact information. You will be permanently banned from this Site if you are the successful Bidder and you do not honor your auction bid. Payment due within 48 hours of close of Auction.
8. J.S.O.T. Auctions (hereinafter “Auctioneer”) use of e-mail addresses is strictly limited to contact Buyers and Owner/Sellers; any use of this private information by you is strictly prohibited.
9. Settlement for payment for purchases must be made within 48 hours of the Auction closing. If payment is not received by Wednesday following the Auction- the item will revert back to ownership of J.S.O.T. Auctions. If you have a resellers tax ID number, please email it to us as soon as you register so we may authenticate it and update your account. Buyer must acknowledge and agree not to retract the purchase offer. Buyer shall be responsible for making arrangements for merchandise removal. You will be BANNED from all future auctions if you do not pay for your item in the allotted time provided.
10. The descriptions of item/lots appearing in the auction and in advertising prior to the auction are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, neither those descriptions nor any oral statements made by Owner/Seller or Auctioneer concerning any item/lot shall be construed as a warranty either express or implied. ITEM/LOTS ARE SOLD AS IS – WHERE IS and WITH ALL FAULTS. Bidder acknowledges that all item/lots were available for inspection prior to the auction and, by these terms, Auctioneer and Owner/Seller strongly encouraged Bidder to carefully inspect each item/lot to the best of their ability through pictures and descriptions in which Bidder had any interest to determine the item/lot’s nature, quality, condition, quantity and size. Bidder’s failure to inspect, or otherwise be fully informed as to the nature, quality, condition, quantity and size of any item/lot will not constitute ground for any claim, adjustment, refund, termination of the contract for sale, or refusal to close the sale, against Auctioneer or Owner/Seller.
11. Condition Reports: J.S.O.T. Auctions, are pleased to provide you with the condition of lots offered for auction. Prospective buyers should satisfy themselves as to condition and must understand that any statement made by JSOT Auctions or its employees is merely a subjective qualified opinion, NOTWITHSTANDING WRITTEN REPORTS OR ANY DISCUSSION CONCERNING CONDITION IN THIS CATALOGUE. Please contact us if you would further details on an item. text: 530-318-3711 or 253-312-0143 firstname.lastname@example.org
12. The Site User Agreement constitutes the final expression of the parties’ agreement and a complete and exclusive statement of the terms of the sale. The IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED from this sale and transaction and shall NOT apply to the merchandise that is the subject of these sales. Auctioneer does not have control over the item/lots that are posted in the Site, and cannot guarantee the authenticity and quality of said product. Auctioneer is not responsible for the actions the Owner/Sellers and Buyers take before, during, and after the auction, typographical errors, misprints, loss of merchandise/money, damage or failure of equipment, due to your visit to this auction site. Use of this site is at your own risk. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.
13. Despite efforts to avoid the withdrawal of item/lots from the sale after they are listed it may sometimes be necessary. Auctioneer and the Owner/Seller reserve the right to do so at any time before or during the sale. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this Site reserve the right to reject any and all bids in their sole discretion.
14. Buyer will be furnished an electronic receipt at the conclusion of the sale. We will definitely send you an email confirming your purchases. If you don’t receive one by Monday @ Noon, following the auction, ~ please check your spam or promotions folders, because we definitely sent it. If you still can’t find it, please contact us immediately so we can send one to a different address or text. Contact Sharon @ email@example.com
15. Merchandise becomes the full responsibility of Buyer at time of PAYMENT, and Buyer assumes all risk of loss and damage to property until removed from sale premises. Owner/Seller and Auctioneer agree that merchandise may remain on the sale premises for a period of time following the sale. The date by which all merchandise must be removed from the premises is posted on an auction-by-auction basis, on the specific auction page. After the final removal date, there will be a $15.00 per day, per item/lot storage fee charged to the Buyer. If PAID merchandise is not removed within 7 days after the final removal date, the ownership of the merchandise will revert back to the original Owner/Seller and the Owner/Seller may dispose of or resale the item/lot at their discretion. NO REFUNDS ON LOTS NOT PICKED UP BY THIS TIME.
16. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!!
17. SHIPPING: J.S.O.T. Auctions will be pleased to pack and ship your items within the contiguous United States. Some items may be listed as non shippable. Please read all descriptions before bidding. After payment has cleared, you will be invoiced for the shipping, Insurance, and handling fees. Upon cleared payment of those funds, your items will be shipped the Friday following the close of the auction. (AS long as all payments are made on time).
18. If there is an oversized item that you would like to bid on & for it to be shipped, please contact us PRIOR to bidding to discuss the options & charges that may be incurred.
19. No adjustment will be made with regard to merchandise inventory after item/lot has been removed from the premises or after the removal date posted by Auctioneer, whether or not the property has been removed. Auctioneer reserves the right, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to terminate, change or suspend any aspect of the auction sale.
20. Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any property not paid for in full within 48 hours of the online auction item/lot’s closing date. Failure to pay for item/lots won will result in your being banned from all future events & Auctions. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this web site reserve the right to reject any and all bids, if they so choose.
21. The final highest purchaser shall be designated at the end of each auction sale. Auctioneers designation of the Buyer shall be final.
Bid increments will begin at $5.
UP TO: Increment
* $47.50 $2.50
* $290 $5
* $975 $10
* $3450 $50
* $9,900. $100
* $9,999,99 $250
22. Bidder accepts responsibility for and agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each Owner/Seller and Auctioneer and their employees, Property Owners, governing body, officers, owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) related to, arising from or associated with Buyer’s, his agents or representatives, use of the Site, including but not limited to personal injuries or property damage incurred on the sale premises or during removal and transport of any auction item/lots, and arising out of, based upon, or resulting from any breach or violation by Bidder of this Site User Agreement or any use by Bidder of the Site or as a result of a dispute with another Bidder.
23. Auctioneer is providing services as an independent contractor for the Owner/Seller only and is not responsible for statements made by other parties.
24. This Site User Agreement constitutes a binding agreement between Bidder and Auctioneer until terminated by Auctioneer, which Auctioneer may do at any time, without notice, in Auctioneer’s sole discretion. If Bidder dissatisfaction occurs with the auction sale in any way, Bidder’s only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the auction Site. Auctioneer reserves the right to terminate Bidder registration and use of the auction Site, and impose limits on certain features of the auction Site or restrict Bidder’s access to, or use of, part or the entire Site without notice or penalty.
25. Auctioneer cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors, and/or omissions, caused by any means and does not guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service or use of the Site. Bidder acknowledges that this auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. The Auctioneer, in its sole discretion, may void any sale, temporarily suspend bidding and re-sell any item/lots that were affected by any malfunction. The decision of the Auctioneer is final.
26. Auctioneer gathers information about Bidders and Owner/Sellers for the purposes of conducting online auctions. Auctioneer does not sell or rent this information.
27. Auctioneer uses email mailing lists to notify its customers about online and live auctions. If you are receiving a particular mailing and wish to discontinue receiving future mailings, simply forward the received email to Auctioneer to have your name promptly removed from our list. There is also an UNSUBSCRIBE button at the bottom of the email. You will not be able to be re-added at a later date.
28. As a Bidder, placing a bid is a binding contract between you and the Owner/Seller and the bid cannot be retracted. Once you place a bid, and if you win, you will be obligated to buy the product at the said price you indicated as your bid. Placing a bid on this Site, and winning, then not paying for the product is illegal in most states, and prosecution can result. The Owner/Sellers of property sold through this Site reserve the right to reject any and all bids, in their sole discretion. J.S.O.T. Auctions undertakes the execution of online bidding as a convenience for clients and is not responsible for any inadvertent failure to execute bids, or for any error in the execution of bids..
29. As a Bidder you are responsible for any bids placed under your bidding number and password. The security of your Bidder information is your sole responsibility as you, the Bidder, will be responsible for any and all bids placed under your number. If at any time you feel that your Bidder number and password have been compromised due to lack of security on your part you must notify Auctioneer immediately.
30. SOFT CLOSE or SNIPING: This is used for online timed auctions. Online timed auctions are susceptible to what is called sniping. Online auction sniping is where a bidder waits until the very last second to place a winning bid on an item with the hope that other bidders do not have time to raise their bid. That is how sniping is used to win an item By using a soft-close in our online auction we have eliminated this practice. An auction using a soft-close ending time will automatically have its bidding time extended Per bid, per lot, if a bid is placed in the last minute. Our soft-close setting time is 60 seconds, if a bidder waits until the very last second to place a bid on lot 5, the bidding on lot 5 is extended for 1 more minute. This gives other bidders 1 more minute to raise their bid again. It is not unheard of for an auction with multiple bidders to extend well past its original close time .
31. Bidder agrees that when using the Maximum Bid feature on the Site, you use it according to the specifications Auctioneer has in place for that feature. You, as a Bidder, agree to only use this feature if you understand how the Maximum Bid feature works.
32. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Site or the content contained herein without our prior, express written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activity being conducted on the Site. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display any content from the Site without prior, express written permission of Auctioneer. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPOSED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.
33. No legal advice is intended or implied by anything contained within the Site. No obligation, liability, responsibility, accountability or burden is undertaken, assumed or otherwise imposed by maintaining the Site.
34. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Site User Agreement shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Reno, Nevada, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. Auctioneer may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Reno, Nevada necessary to protect the rights or property of Auctioneer pending the completion of arbitration. You and Auctioneer are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement
35. The Site User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the Site shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada applicable to contracts entered into and to be performed entirely within the State of Nevada. If any provision of this Site User Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Auctioneer’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive the right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
36. This Site User Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof. Your use of this auction site marks your acceptance in full of these Terms and Conditions.
JSOT Auctions~ Reno, Nevada~ 530-318-3711 or 253-312-0143
Watch for notices for physical location for the Auction or for pick ups! ED. July 2019